The Tales & Trials of the Children of Israel
These set of verses ‘The Tales & Trails of the children of Israel’ are yet another reminder from Allah to the Israelites of His grace and generosity towards them, and a general admonition to them about the resurrection that is certain to come:
“Guard yourself against the Day on which no soul will be of help to another…” 2:49
The preferred position granted to the Israelities was limited to the time of their mandate as custodians of God’s message on earth. As soon as they betray their trust, disobeyed their prophets, denied Allah’s favours and abandoned their commitment to Allah, they incurred His wrath, and were condemned to a life of humiliation, misery and exile.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The status of the Israelites in the past and the present.
- The various blessings that Allah gave this people:
- Sending of Prophets.
- Sending of Books
- Numerous miracles
- Constant forgiveness
- Gratitude and it being a source of further blessings.
- Every soul will stand alone, so remove arrogance from your hearts.
- The universality of the teachings of the Qur’an.
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about The Tales & Trails of the children of Israel, in a lively and interactive course, engaging all levels of students, at the convenience of their timetable.
- For those wanting to understand the historical significance of the Israelites.
- For students who want to visualise the numerous blessings Allah favoured this nation with.
- The Islamic perspective on the story of the Sabbath.
- Who seek to learn and reflect on the complete story of the cow. The story tis chapter is named after.
- For those who want to pace their learning according to their needs.
- For those who want to gain a true and deep understanding of the Qur’an.
- It is a course for those who want to engage in contemporary discussions based on traditional teachings of the Qur’an. By looking at the past traits of a nation one can make judgements on their future endeavours.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Be able to link passages, and appreciate their connections.
- Be able to correct their understanding of Tawhed.
- Understand the history of the Israelites and how they earned the anger of Allah.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the events of the Day of Judgment.
- A look into Pharaoh and how he enslaved the Israelites.
- Understand the story of the Golden calf.
- Crimes against Allah.
- Repentance through death.
- Learn about the demand of the Israelites to see Allah with their own eyes.
- The generosity and forgiving nature of Allah towards all people, especially the Israelites.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.