The makkan period
The Meccan Period is a comprehensive programme on the study of the early period of prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), before migration, which is part of the Sirah Course. It delivers the subject matter in a modern format, utilising mature visual aids and in-depth resources to engage the listener. Whilst the programme focuses primarily on the Meccan period of his prophethood, it also addresses the environment of Arabia and the surrounding regions, the lives of the Companions, and draws lessons and morals, whilst establishing the context for the revelation of the Quran,
The programme is divided into three key parts:
The Secret Invitation: This part focuses on the early Meccan period, the first three years of prophethood, in which Prophet Muhammad and his companions focused on delivering the message of Islam in secret to only family and friends.
This part contains the following chapters:
- The First Revelation
- The Early Muslims
Part 1-3: students will be expected to prepare readings from various biographical sources of the life of Prophet Muhammad, such as ‘Muhammad: Man and Prophet’ by Adil Salahi.
Shaykh Muhammad Sbini was born and raised in Syria where he studied for 15 years at the Shariah Institute of Dawah and Guidance, Abu al-Nur. Upon graduation he continued his studies at the International Faculty for Dawah, Damascus. In 1992 he came to the UK and has been teaching an array of Islamic Sciences including but not limited to, Arabic, Usul al-Fiqh, Fiqh, Aqidah, Sirah, Tafsir, and Hadith.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who intend to learn the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad in a comprehensive manner yet at their own pace.
- This programme is suitable for anyone who wishes to study the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad, no matter where they are in their journey of Islamic studies.
- The duration of each level depends upon students’ caliber and dedication towards classes.
- Students can speed up their pace in completing the various levels or slow down depending on how much quantity they can retain and how many levels they wish to cover.
- Students can set a pace of daily, weekly, and even monthly intervals.
- The average time in which a student is expected to complete one entire part of this programme is 1 academic term of weekly studies, whereby the student completes at least one chapter per week; both by watching all the relevant videos of a lesson and preparing the reading of recommended text/s.
- To provide a comprehensive study of the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad for those who wish to learn at their own pace.
- To enable students to grasp otherwise comprehensive aspects of the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad, in an easy and structured manner.
- To allow students to grasp the language of the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad, as well as related names, incidents, places, and biographical terms.
- To empower students to become independent learners of the Sirah of Prophet Muhammad.
Are You Ready To Start?
You might be interested
These suggested are selected based on relevancy
The life of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ, including all events of his existence and the impact they have had on the Muslim world.Muslim role models
The Destiny of Humanity –…
The Destiny of Humanity – Part 2 In the opening verses of the second chapter…
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind One of the greatest miracles of the Holy Qur’an is its…
Family matter – Part 2
Family Matters The family is a part of the Islamic social order. The society that…
An in-depth look at the life & times of the four members of Khulafa Rashidun who led the Muslim world after the death of the Prophet ﷺ.Rightly guided caliphts