Disease of the heart
Diseases of the Heart is a short programme on the study of spirituality or purification of the heart. It delivers the subject matter in a modern format, utilising mature visual aids and in-depth resources to engage the listener. The programme focuses on identifying ailments of the heart and finding and implementing cures through self-reflection and introspection.
The programme is divided into two key parts. The first deals with grammar and structure, whilst the latter deals with text and application. Part 1, is divided into six modules, beginning with learning words, creating phrases and sentences, learning etymologies and morphological inflections, analysing structure and building comprehension. In Part 2, the programme uses different styles of texts beginning with basic to intermediate and then advanced; in which students will learn to apply their language skills, understand text and learn to write and speak.
Spirituality and purification
– The concept of tazkiyyah
– The sound heart
– The soul & the heart
Part 1-3: students will be expected to prepare readings from books pertaining to spirituality such as ‘Purification of the Heart’ by Hamza Yusuf.
Ustadh Shabbir memorised the Quran at the age of 12 and later went to Ebrahim college and graduated from the Alimiyyah Programme in 2017 and the Dawrah al-Hadith Programme in 2018. Since then, he has served as an Imam and Khateeb for a number of years and continues to run programmes serving the Islamic community. Since graduation he has been teaching the Islamic sciences including Arabic literature, Seerah, Tafsir and Ulum al-Quran as well as programmes on spirituality and self-development.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who intend to study Islamic spirituality in a comprehensive manner yet at their own pace.
- This programme is suitable for anyone who wishes to Islamic spirituality, no matter where they are in their journey of Islamic studies.
- The duration of each level depends upon students’ caliber and dedication towards classes.
- Students can speed up their pace in completing the various levels or slow down depending on how much quantity they can retain and how many levels they wish to cover.
- Students can set a pace of daily, weekly, and even monthly intervals.
- The average time in which a student is expected to complete the entire programme is 10 weeks, whereby the student completes at least one chapter per week; both by watching all the relevant videos of a lesson and preparing the reading of recommended text/s.
- To provide a comprehensive study of the ‘diseases of the heart’ for those who wish to learn at their own pace.
- To enable students to grasp otherwise comprehensive aspects of Islamic spirituality, in an easy and structured manner.
- To allow students to grasp the language relating to Islamic spirituality, as well as related words, terms and jargon.
- To empower students to become independent learners of Islamic spirituality.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.
Are You Ready To Start?
You might also be interested in these courses
You might be interested
These suggested are selected based on relevancy
The process of purifying & sanctifying our heart and soul in order to reach eternal success and the love of Allah.Spirituality
Spiritual advice on daily actions in order to follow the sunnah of the Prophet ﷺ, passively spread daw'ah and gain the pleasure of Allah.Ethics & manners