The Arabic Unlocked Programme
The Arabic Unlocked Programme is a structured study of the Arabic Language that delivers traditional Arabic in a modern format, utilising mature visual aids and in-depth resources to simplify difficult concepts. Whilst the programme begins with an intricate study of structure and grammar, it strengthens the comprehension, reading, writing, and speaking abilities of students. It branches out to textual resources, where students can learn to read complex texts in Arabic including the Quran and Ḥadīth literature. Each level enables students to form sentences and dialogues required to write and speak in Arabic.
The programme is divided into two key parts. The first deals with grammar and structure, whilst the latter deals with text and application. Part 1, is divided into six modules, beginning with learning words, creating phrases and sentences, learning etymologies and morphological inflections, analysing structure and building comprehension. In Part 2, the programme uses different styles of texts beginning with basic to intermediate and then advanced; in which students will learn to apply their language skills, understand text and learn to write and speak.
Each module is accompanied by a pack of notes and worksheets that a student can use to engage with online videos
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who intend to learn the Arabic Language in a comprehensive manner yet at their own pace.
- This programme is suitable for students who already know how to read the text of the Quran and are able to write letters and words in Arabic.
- The duration of each level depends upon students’ caliber and dedication towards classes.
- Students can speed up their pace in completing the various levels or slow down depending on how much quantity they can retain and how many levels they wish to cover.
- Students can set a pace of daily, weekly, and even monthly intervals.
- The average time in which a student is expected to complete one entire part of this programme is 1 academic year of weekly studies, whereby the student completes at least one lesson per week; both by watching all the relevant videos of a lesson and completing the accompanying worksheets/texts.
- To provide a comprehensive study of the Arabic Language for those who wish to learn at their own pace.
- To enable students to grasp otherwise difficult aspects of Arabic, in an easy and structured manner.
- To allow students to grasp the language of the Quran, ḥadīth and other Islamic and Arabic orientated literature.
- To empower students to become independent students of the Arabic Language.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.