Salvation through Patience & Prayer
After adhering to the truth and trying to be a righteous believer one will face difficulties and tests and in this verse 40 Allah teaches us that salvation in this world and in the next is through two qualities patience and prayer. The prayer keeps a person connected to Allah and patience keeps a person steadfast and on track, both are needed. This in this course we appreciate the different types of prayers obligatory as well as voluntary, the importance of prayer. We look at the multiple layers of patience, patience with our Lord and with people.
But both of these qualities are only beneficial to a person who has the awareness of Allah, Khasyatu Allah. And this awareness or fear of Allah is a trait found in the heart, and the heart can house both good and evil traits. It is only the sound heart that can benefit a person in the hereafter.
“The Day when neither wealth nor children will be of any benefit. Only those who come before Allah with a pure heart will be saved.” 26:88-89.
The fear of Allah, is a gift given to those who are sincere, it prevents a person from sinning and keeps us all in line. But this trait has to be earned and we will discuss that.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The role and importance of the Prayer.
- The different types of prayer.
- The correct definition and understanding of Patience.
- The different types of Patience.
- The five questions from Allah.
- Seeking aid and assistance is only from Allah, other than Allah it is shirk.
- The role of the heart with respect to our actions.
- The good and evil heart.
- The impact of the fear of Allah upon a believer.
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about Salvation through Patience & Prayer, in a lively and interactive course, engaging all levels of students, at the convenience of their timetable.
- Those interested in purifying their hearts, instilling the love and fear of Allah.
- Students who want to follow in the footsteps of the Prophets and try to become great leaders.
- Who appreciate a more technical and structured understanding of Islamic concepts.
- For those who want to pace their learning according to their needs.
- For those who want to gain a true and deep understanding of the Qur’an.
- It is a course for those who want to engage in contemporary discussions based on traditional teachings of the Qur’an. In these set of verses we see the skills required to bring about social and individual change.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Be able to link passages, and appreciate their correlation.
- Come to know that Islam educates the believer to take great care of not just his external self but also his internal state.
- Understand that character development is a slow and incremental process.
- Learn that all matters return back to the heart.
- Be made aware that patience is of different kinds and levels:
- Patience with good deeds
- Patience with bad deeds
- Patience with the Qadr of Allah.
- Know the true qualities of a believer.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.