Maryam mother of jesus
The only woman to be mentioned by name in the Holy Qur’an, the most virtuous of all women, so much so, that a chapter has been named after her, Surah Maryam. Some may be surprised to know that Muslims believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, we believe he spoke from the cradle, we believe his mother Mary was a very godly person, devout worshiper of Allah. The third chapter of the Qur’an is named after her father, Imran. Chapters Maryam and Imran are among the most beautiful chapters in the Qur’an. An authentic Hadith states that the Prophet Muhammad said:
“The superiority of Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh.”1
In the Qur’an, Mary’s story begins while she is still in her mother’s womb. The mother of Mary wanted to give birth to a son who would be devoted to the service of God. But Allah chose for her a daughter, which brought about other challenges.
Mary went through many struggles, her pregnancy was very difficult, the birth was very painful and when she had to return to her community, the elders, the rabbis mocked and belittled her for what they deemed to be a disgraceful act, calling her all kinds of names. In the end she is given recognition by Allah and guaranteed a place in paradise.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The merits of Maryam.
- Her deep devotion to the worship of Allah.
- How and why Allah gives her glad tidings.
- The nativity of Jesus, a look at the family tree.
- The correct understanding of Mary and Jesus according to Islam.
- A balanced approach in understanding correct love and respect for righteous figures in the Qur’an without exaggerations.
- The return of Jesus.
- The family of Imran.
Junaid Dar is Head of Qur’anic Studies at Islamic Courses Online. He obtained a Masters in Civil Engineering from University College London (UCL) in 2007. After working as an engineer he went on to achieve his LLB in Islamic Law from the University of Al-Azhar in Cairo. Junaid has worked on numerous TV Stations around the globe including Huda TV, Islam Channel and Iqra TV International. After graduating he began work as an Imam, Khateeb and teacher at West London Islamic Centre (WLIC), Hounslow Muslim Centre (HMC) and Al Forkan West London, promoting the different fields of Islamic sciences including the Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul-al-Fiqh, Mustalah Al Hadith, and with a special focus on the Holy Quran
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about the ‘Mary, the mother of Jesus’, a topic which many are ill informed of. We take you back to the Qur’an and Sunnah, bringing you a program that is highly suitable for:
- Students wanted to re connect with divine scripture, without any hearsay.
- Student who want to learn their religion at their own pace.
- Students who want to learn orthodox positions.
- Advanced students who want to bring together their previous knowledge.
- For those who want a deeper historical and theological discussion on the subject.
- Interactive learning, using modern teaching techniques.
- Systemic and strategic learning.
- Those who want to learn Islam gradually and develop themselves incrementally.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Appreciate the role of women in Islam.
- Recognise the real purpose of our existence.
- Understand the correct Aqeedah of Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jammah.
- Be balanced with their views of Jesus and Mary, unlike the exaggerations of the Jews and Christians.
- Learn about future events especially those pertaining to the return of Jesus.
- Grasp the prophecies of the Jesus with regards to the coming of the Prophet Muhammad.
- Learn about the real concept of polytheism, Shirk.
Are You Ready To Start?
You might be interested
These suggestions are selected based on relevancy
The Destiny of Humanity –…
The Destiny of Humanity – Part 2 In the opening verses of the second chapter of the Qur’an, Surah Al…
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind One of the greatest miracles of the Holy Qur’an is its inimitability, this outstanding challenge to…
Family matter – Part 2
Family Matters The family is a part of the Islamic social order. The society that Islam wants to establish is…
A study of the revered Family of Imran, including Maryam (AS) & Prophet Isa (AS). Their blessings & stories as mentioned in the Qur'an.The chosen family