Family of imran
Allah choose the family of Imran for his religion, and made them a remembrance in the Qur’an for eternity. Allah does not mention righteous people in the Qur’an except that they are taken as role models, such that we learn from their lives. The family of Imran consists of the leaders of the family, Imran and his wife and then their daughter, Mary, the mother of Jesus, the great Prophet of Allah. Connected to the family is Zakariyah and his wife and their son Yahya (John).
Imran was not a Prophet but he was a righteous man of his time. Likewise, his wife was deeply devoted to the worship of Allah and was very devoted to her husband. She made constant prayers to Allah to gift her with a child that would be righteous and that she would leave this child in the worship of Allah. Allah responded to her prayers and gifted her with a child, soon after the death of her husband, and to her surprise it was a girl, Maryam.
Maryam was raised worshipping one God and she had been looked after by her uncle Zakariyya. Her miracles began from a young age, while she would worship Allah, Zakariyya would bring her food and on many occasions he would find food in her chamber and to his surprise the fruit would be out of the season, a gift from God.
Later on in the story, Maryam is gifted with the glad tidings of pregnancy and she gives birth to the Prophet Jesus. And with the birth of Jesus, an end came to great blessing that Allah had placed on the Banu Israel and no more Prophets came from that lineage, instead from the lineage of Ismail now, Allah then after 500 years, sent his final Prophet, the Prophet Muhammad.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The family tree of Imran.
- The virtues of the family of Imran.
- The relationships between all the family members.
- The significance of the birth of Mary.
- The merits of the Prophet Jesus.
- The deep devotion of the family to the worship of Allah.
- The entire mission of the Prophet Jesus from beginning to the end.
- The upbringing of Mary.
- The 4 best women of all time.
- The importance and acceptance of Dua.
- The life and tests of the Prophet Zakariya.
Junaid Dar is Head of Qur’anic Studies at Islamic Courses Online. He obtained a Masters in Civil Engineering from University College London (UCL) in 2007. After working as an engineer he went on to achieve his LLB in Islamic Law from the University of Al-Azhar in Cairo. Junaid has worked on numerous TV Stations around the globe including Huda TV, Islam Channel and Iqra TV International. After graduating he began work as an Imam, Khateeb and teacher at West London Islamic Centre (WLIC), Hounslow Muslim Centre (HMC) and Al Forkan West London, promoting the different fields of Islamic sciences including the Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul-al-Fiqh, Mustalah Al Hadith, and with a special focus on the Holy Quran.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about the ‘The Family of Imran’, a topic that connects Christianity, Judaism and Islam together yet shows the clear differences between them as well. We take you back to the Qur’an and Sunnah, bringing you a program that is highly suitable for:
- Students wanted to re connect with divine scripture, without any innovations.
- Interactive learning using modern teaching techniques.
- Student who want to learn their religion at their own pace.
- For those who want to understand current events in light of past events.
- Students who want to learn orthodox positions.
- Advanced students who want to bring together their previous knowledge.
- For those who want a deeper historical and theological discussion on the subject.
- Those who want to learn Islam gradually and develop themselves incrementally.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Appreciate the family of Imran.
- Understand the connection between all parties.
- Connect will Allah through the power of Dua.
- Learn that nothing is impossible for Allah.
- Children are a gift from Allah and he can give them whenever he wants.
- Learn the life of the Prophet Zakariya and Yahya.
- The importance of women in Islam.
- Be balanced with their views of Jesus and Mary, unlike the exaggerations of the Jews and Christians.
- Come to understand the nature of the Children of Israel.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.