jesus, Son of maryam
According to Islam, Jesus is the son the Virgin Mary, he is also the penultimate prophet and messenger of God and the Messiah. His message was consistent with all the previous prophets, to worship only one God and to not associate any partners with him. Jesus called people to the reality of the Day of Judgement, in which each person will be held accountable for their lives. He was a prophet sent to the children of Israel, he was given the holy scripture, Injil. In the Qur’an Jesus is described as the Messiah (al-Masih), born of a virgin, performing miracles, accompanied by disciples and given a clear task. He was rejected by his own people, the Children of Israel, to the point where they planned his assassination but God being the best of all planners raised him to the heavens. The prophet Jesus was aided by the Prophet Yahya, the son of the Prophet Zakariyya and he was followed by the final and best of all messengers, Prophet Muhammad.
The Qur’an categorically rejects any claims made about Jesus being God or son of God, or even being part of a trinity, calling all these clear disbelief (Kufr). Attributing any divine qualities of God to a created being is disbelief, whether that object of creation is a prophet, angel or anything else.
The original message of Jesus has been distorted completely, such that the books others may hold claiming they are the injil contain a message far away from the true teachings of Jesus. In the Qur’an, Jesus is described as a Muslim, one who submits to one God. His whole life is a miracle, he was born without a father, he spoke in the cradle, and he cured the blind, those with leprosy and raised the dead, all with the permission of Allah. He was raised up miraculously and most importantly he is to return towards the end of times, to complete his journey.
Upon his return he will be given a mighty task, the killing of the false messiah, the Dajjal, which he will complete and leave the earth in a state of peace and harmony. Shortly, after that all the other major signs of the Day of Judgement will fall into place.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The birth of Prophet Jesus.
- The true message of Jesus Christ.
- The first miracle, Jesus speaks from the cradle.
- The definition according to the Qur’an of a real man.
- A detailed description of the disciplines of Jesus.
- The last supper, as described in Surah Al-Ma’idah.
- The lie of the crucifixion.
- He was not killed nor crucified rather he was raised up to Allah.
- The Children of Israel and their deceptive traits towards the Prophets of Allah.
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about ‘Jesus, Son of Maryam’, a program that will reconnect you to the true teachings of one the mightiest Prophets of Good. It is also suitable for:
- Students who want a deeper understanding of the truth behind Jesus’s message.
- Those who would like to contrast their beliefs with Christian beliefs.
- A historical account of the family of Imran, in particularly Jesus.
- Student who want learn their religion at their own pace.
- Students who want to understand their creator directly from text.
- Interactive learning, using modern teaching techniques.
- Systemic and strategic learning.
- Those who want to learn Islam gradually and develop themselves incrementally.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Fully understand the details of the events leading to the claimed crucifix.
- Grasp the miracles that took place in the life of Jesus, and how Allah brought them about.
- Appreciate the qualities and strength of the disciples of Jesus.
- The last verses of Surah Al-ma’idah.
- Understand the Last Supper of Jesus Christ.
- Polish their knowledge of the topic of Tawheed.
- Understand the purpose of one’s life in this world.
- Come to know who really the enemies of the Prophets throughout history are.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the correct Aqeedah.
- Be able to link passages, and appreciate their connections.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.