Breaking Down Bismillah
Breaking down the Basmallah is a course where the Bismillah, or the full version bismillah ar-rahman ar-rahim, also known as the Basmallah or even the Tasmiyyah, is explained in great detail. This Arabic phrase meaning, very broadly, ‘in the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy’, is said before engaging in any activity, whether simple or significant, especially, at the beginning of any act of worship. The Isti’adha (audhu billahi min ash-shaytan ar-rajeem) which translates “I seek protection with Allah from shaytan the cursed” is broken down word for word connecting the student to the Qur’an directly.
These classes will direct the worshippers focus, intention and sincerity directly to Allah. We discuss two of Allah’s most dominant names which are mentioned in this statement ar-rahman and ar-rahim, projecting the simple fact that Allah is the Lord of mercy, love and compassion. Using modern methods of teaching these two statements will be well understand and become a part of every Muslims life.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The root of Audhu.
- Who is Shaytan.
- Can’t we resist Shaytan by ourselves, without these statements.
- When should we say these statements.
- Do we have to say them in Salaah.
- If the Quran is the speech of Allah, why do we need to seek the protection of Allah.
- The origin of these statments.
- The importance of saying them in all situations.
- Fiqh matters relating to these statements, especially relating to the Salaah.
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn the Ist’adha and the Basmallah in a lively and interactive manner, engaging all levels of students, at the convenience of their timetable.
- This programme is suitable for all students, as it explains all concepts from first principles.
- The pace of learning is in the hands of the student.
- Easy to use, each module is just a click away.
- For those who want to gain a true and deep understanding of the Qur’an.
- It is a course for those who want to engage in contemporary discussions based on traditional teachings of the Qur’an.
- A step by step analysis of each verse drawing upon different sources.
- For those who want to climb the ladder of scholarship incrementally.
- Perfect for those who want to soften their hearts and draw closer to Allah through his beautiful words.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Understand the detailed meaning of the Basmallah.
- Understand the detailed meaning of the Ist’adha.
- Who is the Shaytan and what is his objective with mankind.
- The grammatical break down of both statements.
- Understand whether the Basmallah is part of the Quran.
- When is it a must to read the Basmallah and when is it recommended.
- Understanding the significance of Surah Al Fatihah, whether it is an obligation to be read in prayer.
- Understanding the different opinions of reciting the Fatihah behind the Imam.
Are You Ready To Start?
You might also be interested in these courses
You might be interested
These suggestions are selected based on relevancy
A study of the revered Family of Imran, including Maryam (AS) & Prophet Isa (AS). Their blessings & stories as mentioned in the Qur'an.Juz amma
A study of the revered Family of Imran, including Maryam (AS) & Prophet Isa (AS). Their blessings & stories as mentioned in the Qur'an. Comprehend, appreciate and develop a love for the word of Allah.Understanding the Qur'an
The Destiny of Humanity –…
The Destiny of Humanity – Part 2 In the opening verses of the second chapter…
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind
Allah’s Challenge to Mankind One of the greatest miracles of the Holy Qur’an is its…
Family matter – Part 2
Family Matters The family is a part of the Islamic social order. The society that…
The Cow - the second, and longest, chapter of the Qur'an. Encompassing all manner of rulings, stories, reminders & promises of Allah.Surah Al-Baqarah