Allah's Challenge to Mankind
Allah’s challenge to Mankind is a beautiful segment of Surah Al Baqarah where after Allah informs us of the straight path and then we are given a detailed description of the three groups, Allah then address the whole of mankind to his worship. He commands all people to turn to their true creator and submit to him.
“O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous.” 2:21
These set of verses demonstrate that all of creation, all that Allah has created is only for mankind, from the earth, rain and food. So, if one was to ponder, and in these classes we look at the importance of ‘pondering’ over the signs of Allah, one would submit to Allah. We then look at the challenge that Allah puts forward for those who deny the existence of Allah and more abruptly deny the Qur’an being the speech of Allah. So, Allah challenges them to produce a book similar to it and no surprise they fail miserably.
The following topics will be covered within this course:
- The oneness of Allah.
- The different branches of Tawheed.
- The concept of submission to Allah.
- Recognising the call of Allah to mankind to use their rationale.
- Allah doesn’t tell us to simply believe rather he convinces us intellectually.
- The infallibility of the Qur’an.
- The severe punishment for those who reject the Qur’an.
- The great reward for those who adhere to the Qur’an.
- The pleasures of Paradise.
Farhan Mahmood is one of the lecturers at Islamic Courses Online. He completed his LLB in Law in 2009 and attained a distinction in an MSc in Management Consultancy in 2011. After gaining experience in Law, he took the route to becoming a student of knowledge in 2012. He graduated in 2018, and since then he has been teaching Arabic Language, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Tafsir.
Who is the course for?
This programme is suitable for those who would like to learn about the Allah’s Challenge to Mankind is a lively and interactive course, engaging all levels of students, at the convenience of their timetable.
- For all those who want a deeper understanding of Surah Al-Baqarah.
- For those wanting to learn about Tawheed in its purest form.
- This program is suitable for those who enjoy pondering over the sings of Allah.
- For those who want to soften their heart to point of bringing tears to ones eyes.
- Suitable for those looking for a structured approach to learning the Qur’an.
- This programme is suitable for all students, as it explains all concepts from first principles.
- The pace of learning is in the hands of the student.
- For those who want to gain a true and deep understanding of the Qur’an.
- It is a course for those who want to engage in contemporary discussions based on traditional teachings of the Qur’an, especially with regards to the production of another text similar to the Qur’an.
- A step by step analysis of each verse drawing upon different sources.
- For those who want to climb the ladder of scholarship incrementally.
On completion of this module, the successful student will:
- Appreciate the infallibility of the Qur’an.
- Know the true path and how to adhere to it.
- Understand majority of the Arabic in these verses, as well as the Arabic Rhetoric, Balagha, in these opening verses.
- Appreciate the miracles in the Qur’an.
- Develop a sense of appreciation for all that which Allah has created.
- Develop the fear of Allah as those who oppose Allah will be burnt in the fire.
- Develop the love and eagerness to get to Paradise, as the fruits, rewards and women of paradise are described in great detail.
elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
Video 57 Min
Video 82 Min
Video 89 Min
Total of 3 Videos 180 Min
Video 48 Min + 2 Min read to complete
Ustadh Farhan Mahmood introduces different perspectives of verbs – positive & negative, transitive & intransitive, and active & passive, focuses on transitive & intransitive verbs and moves onto active & passive verb patterns.